Thursday, May 21, 2009

Show not tell

Wow, what fantastic writers these Middle Roomers are. Today during cooking we made a Y chart and have a look at some of the fantastic sentences we came up with...

Squeak, splash, splosh immediately water rushes out at the speed of light and wraps around the messy potatoes. Elizabeth

Slowly my moist fingers slid to the handle of the sharp, wet knife. Splish went the water, squelch went the rice. Suddenly out came the seaweed marching along the dirty table top. (Great use of personification Hannah!)

Bubbles were popping slowly, rising from the lava. The tap was popping out fire while devils attacked me. Thomas

Sizzling like a bbq. It was small and delicious melting in my mouth. It's like a chocolate delight and the apple has a crunchy texture. Kristal

Slowly my fingers go down into the wet, slimey, squishy rice. My fingers are slowly rolling the bumpy, squishy sushi. Meila

Squish, splosh, splash the dishes are done shiney as gold. Theo

The cheesey, crispy potatoes started to crunch up between my teeth. The sour cream sothed my throat. Tom

No comments: